Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Invitation Ornament

Lets face it. We make fabulous invitations for weddings, birthdays, showers, and where do they end up? Typically at the bottom of someone's garbage can, right? I faced this truth after my wedding when I had several invitations left over and considered tossing them into the trash. The Pinterest Gods must have been smiling on me that week because I found this WONDERFUL idea.
 
 
 
Now, much like my previous post, I did this about a year ago and do not have step by step pictures. But this my friends is EASY,  you probably don't even need my help to figure it out (but I am going to tell you anyway)
 
 
What you will need:
 
Paper cutter/scissors
A pencil
One invitation
Ribbon
Clear plastic/glass ornament
 
Step 1: Cut your invitation into 1/4 inch strips
Step 2: Depending on how you want the pieces to look in your ornament,
you may want to vary this step. Take a pencil and wrap the paper around it.
 The paper should coil up and you can leave them in tight curls or pull them apart a bit.
For the ornament above, I did tight curls and stretched them out just a bit so
they took up a bit  more space.
Step 3: Carefully place your pieces inside the ornament. At this point you can decide if there are certain items that you want showing like names or dates and place them in.
Step 4: Tie your ribbon. I used the ribbon from my wedding invitation so I only had a short piece. If you are using a longer ribbon, you can use it to hang the ornament on your tree.
 
The ornament pictures above is the one I made with my own wedding invitation. I also made one for my sister in law after her wedding. With hers, I was a bit more creative and used some optional materials. She had red and gold confetti at her tables as well as fake flower petals. I snatched up some of those and put it in the ornament as well. If you have any of those items lying around that you want to keep, they will work great in this project. It worked out great in that case because it was a safe and contained way to hold onto those decorations without having them spill out all over your house.

Now, I cannot take all the credit for this one, so here is the link to the original post. http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2011/07/wedding-invitation-ornament.html
 


No comments:

Post a Comment